Serra Veterinary Hospital is pleased to offer minimally invasive spinal surgery (MISS)!
Minimally invasive spinal surgery is a valid, revolutionized technique that allows access vertebral canal and the ventral aspect of the spinal cord in small breed dogs at single or multiple sites. It allows for more effective surgical options and treatments.
Spinal disorders are becoming increasingly common in short-legged dog breeds such as French Bulldogs and Dachshunds. An in-house CT Scan is first obtained before the scheduling of the surgery.
The Benefits of Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery in Comparison to Open Spinal Surgery include:
- Improved Magnification which allows for Enhanced Cleaning of the Spinal Disc Material
- Decreased Surgical Site Infections
- Decreased Blood Loss
- Faster Surgery Time
- Decreased Risk of Surgical and Medical Complications
- Shorter Hospital Stays
- Decreased Post-Operative Pains
- Shorter Length of Time in ICU
- Shorter Return to Ambulation Time
- Decreased Reoperation Rates
Questions? Call us at (408) 739-3545.